【OIA】2024 NCHU Ambassador (2024 Winter Vacation)
👉Download the Orientation Presentations: PPT ▶ PDF / Video Photo ▶ Alubm
Recently, more and more international students are interested in studying in Taiwan, so we hope to enhance the popularity of NCHU. As a student of NCHU, you must have many wonderful experiences and ideas to share with your junior schoolmates, family members and friends, and even the world. Therefore, the Office of International Affairs would like to invite you to become an ambassador and promote NCHU from your perspective. Come and join us!
- International students (including students of dual degree programs) and Overseas Chinese students officially enrolled in NCHU.
- Students can join individually or by groups (except for project 2- personal experience article).
- Back Home/Online Promotion
- Personal Experience Article
- Short Film
- Distributing Promotional Materials
* Students can participate in multiple projects. (Maximum of three applications for each project).
November 1st, 2023 ~ December 15th 2023
Final Work Submission Deadline
March 1st, 2024
Step 1 ▶ Fill out the online form during the registration period - NCHU Ambassador 2024 Winter: Registration
Step 2 ▶ Upload the work to the designated website after completion - 2024 NCHU Ambassador (File-Upload)
👉Download the Orientation Presentations:
PPT ▶ PDF / Video
Photo ▶ Alubm
Personal Experience Article
Distributing Promotional Materials
|Quota of Awardees||Up to 15 groups/sessions||Up to 30 articles||Up to 15 films||Up to 40 groups|
|Amount of Award||
Outstanding Mention Award: NT$ 5,000
|Gold Medal Award*1: NT$ 800
Silver Medal Award*1: NT$ 700
Bronze Medal Award*1: NT$ 600
Honorable Mention Award: NT$ 500
|Gold Medal Award*1: NT$ 8,000
Silver Medal Award*1: NT$ 7,000
Bronze Medal Award*1: NT$ 6,000
Honorable Mention Award: NT$ 5,000
|Line Points 50 points|
Rules for Receiving Awards
- The payment for all projects will be reviewed and awarded by the Office of International Affairs in accordance with the rules after the deadline of receiving the works.
- Students are required to provide their ARC and work permit and sign the relevant written documents when receiving the awards. In addition, for students who have resided in Taiwan for less than 183 days as of the date of receiving payment, a 20% income tax will be deducted from the amount paid.
- To apply for work permit, please refer to Current Students - Work Permit
Back Home/Online Promotion
- The theme should be focused on the introduction and promotion of NCHU, with no restrictions on the form (such as presentations and lectures ) and the duration of the event is flexible.
- The target audience for promotion should be at least 5 people.
- Regulations on the Promotions After Returning to the Country:
- It is recommend to promote in your alma mater/home school or the school where you teach.
- Photos/video recordings are required during the event.
- Photo/video records, participant lists and their email addresses should be provided after the event.
- Regulations on Online Promotion：
- Online Promotion can be performed through online software such as Google Meet.
- The entire process should be recorded and the link to the recording, participant list and their email addresses should be provided.
- For related promotional materials and supplies, please apply for Project 4 (Distributing Promotional Materials).
- The rank will take into account the criterias including the promoting methods, the number of audience, the effects and accredidation (such as an official school certification appreciation, service certificates, invitaitons, etc.).
Personal Experience Article About Studying at NCHU
- 800-1,000 words in both the student's native language and English.
- Theme: must contain at least two of the following:
- Reasons for Choosing to Study at NCHU
- Introduction of your department
- The experiences you have gained during your study at NCHU (e.g. professional knowledge, etc.)
- Extracurricular activities during the school period (e.g. internship, campus activities, etc.)
- Reasons for recommending others to study at NCHU
- Attached with 3-5 photos.
- Photo specifications:：
- The image file formats should be JPG or GIF. The recommended size for photos is 1920px in width and 1080px in height.
- The photos should be taken on campus or at events organized by NCHU. At least one photo with yourself in it.
- Provide a brief text introduction for each photo (in the student's native language or English, with a maximum of 100 words)
- Please name each work file according to "Student ID - Name - Theme - Nationality" and submit both Word and PDF files.
👉Download Personal Experience Article Template
- The film must include one of the themes:
- NCHU admission process (FAQ/Reminder, etc.)
- Scholarships (the sharing from the scholarship recipients is preferred; the scholarships can be Taiwan Scholarships, TA or other NCHU scholarships)
- Chinese Language Learning Courses
- Full English Programs
- Life in Taichung (transportations/ the cost of living/weather, etc.)
- Faith friendly environment (facilities/food, etc.)
- Internship or part-time jobs (Important regulations and reminders/ anti-fraud info, etc.)
- The maximum duration of the film is 8 minutes (including the opening and ending), and the subtitles should be presented in bilingual (student's native language/English).
- The logo of the Office of International Affairs should appear at the beginning and end of the film. The formats of video and audio should be MPEG4, AVI, or WMV. The file name should be named according to "Student ID - Name - Theme - Nationality".
- It is prohibited to concatenate multiple photos into a video, and it should be presented in a dynamic manner. It would be better to show bilingual signs and facilities on campus.
- When applying, a brief script (one page of A4 ) should be provided, and the completed work should comply with the script provided.
👉Download Short Film Script Template
Distributing Promotional Materials
- When applying, specify the number of flyers/brochures and promotional materials you want to receive, the recipients of distributions and the locations of the distributions.
- After distribution, please provide photos and recipient information (names and emails) as proof. Download Distributing Promotional Materials Result Template
👉Download Distributing Promotional Materials Template
- The works should be original and copyrighted (works that have not participated in other competitions and won prizes). It is prohibited to reproduce, copy, synthesize, plagiarize, copy others, or violate public orders and good customs. Additionally, it is obligated to ensure that the work does not infringe the trademark, patent, copyright, and other relevant laws and regulations of the third party. In the event of disputes over rules or copyright, the organizer reserves the right to disqualify an entered work and recover an awarded prize. If notified that the entered work's copyright is in dispute or is in violation of intellectual property rights, the work may be disqualified by the organizer; the entrant is liable for all legal repercussions and compensation arising from related disputes.
- The property rights of the submitted works and the digital files of the original works (in accordance with the provisions of Section 4 of Chapter III of the Copyright Act) should be transferred to the organizer as of the date of announcement of the prize, and the winner should promise not to exercise his or her moral rights against the organizer. The organizer has the right to use the work for public purposes (such as publicity, decoration, exhibition, publication of newspapers and magazines, webpage production, publication, sale of publications or printing of books, etc.) without extra remuneration.
👉Download Declaration of Right Holders Consent
- Reference links:
- The Office of International Affairs reserves the right to reserve, add, modify, and change any terms and conditions for selection.
- If I want to take part in 2 categories of projects at once, namely 1 group category and 1 individual category, is that possible? Can I both participate as a group for “filming” and individual for writing “personal experience gained from studying at NCHU”?
Yes you can. One student can participate in multiple projects, both individual or in group.
- What’s the benefit of being NCHU ambassador?
A service certificate will be awarded to those who participate in this ambassador project.
- Would we certainly get the reward once submitting the piece of work? How we get the reward, by cash or online transaction?Whether you receive the reward depends on the work you submit. OIA will send pre-approval email after the registration deadline to confirm with your application.
The reward will be transfer to your account by school. If you participate as a group, the reward will only be transfer to one of your account.
Ms. Laurel Lai, Information Technology and Innovation Division
Office of International Affairs, NCHU
Tel: 04-22840206 ext. 29