Before You Arrive - Airport to City
There are 4 major international airports in Taiwan:
- Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA)
- Taiwan Taoyuan Airport (TPE)
- Taichung Airport (TXG)
- Kaohsiung International Airport (KHH)
Public transportation counters, for long-distance bus, or shuttle bus to Taiwan High-Speed Railway (THSR), are located in the Arrival Passenger Reception Areas in each terminal of every airport. No matter which transportation method you choose, please make sure that your final destination is Taichung City.
|Taipei Songshan Airport (TSA)||Via MRT & THSR To Taichung City
Please go to Exit 8 or Exit 16 to take MRT from Songshan Airport Station (Brown Line) and transfer to Blue Line at Zhungxiao Fuxing Station and then arrive at Taipei Main Station, where you could buy a THSR ticket to Taichung THSR Station. The fare is around NT$ 800 and it will take 1 hour.
|Taoyuan International Airport (TPE)||Via THSR Shuttle Bus & THSR To Taichung City
Please take THSR Shuttle Bus (THSR) to Taoyuan THSR Station, where you could buy a THSR ticket to Taichung THSR Station. The fare is around NT$ 600 and it will take 40 minutes.
Via Bus to Taichung City
Bus ticket counters are located in the Arrival Passenger Reception Areas of both Terminals I and II. It takes 3-4 hours from the airport to Taichung City. The terminal stop will be at Taichung Train Station. Fare is around NT$240.
|Taichung Airport (TXG)||Via Bus to Taichung City
Please take bus No.9 and No.115 to go to Taichung Train Station. The fare is around NT$40 and it takes around 1 hour to go to Taichung Train Station.
|Kaohsiung International Airport (KHH)||
Via Train to Taichung City
Please take BRT in Exit 17 from R4 Kaohsiung International Airport to R16 Zuoying to transfer to Zuoying THSR Station. Please buy a THSR ticket to Taichung THSR station. The fare is around NT$ 900 and it will take 1 hour.
Via Bus to Taichung City
Please go to Exit 20 to take the bus to Taichung. The final destination is Taichung Train Station. For detailed information, please refer to bus company list below.
Taichung Railway Station → National Chung Hsing University
- City bus: The bus stop is across the street from Taichung Railway Station. The bus fare is about NT$20. You can take the bus to National Chung Hsing University from the following bus stops signs, which would take approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
Taiwan Boulevard stop
Bus No. 33 (Taichung Bus), Bus No. 35 (Taichung Bus)
Chenggong Rd. Intersection stop
Bus No. 73 (Ubus)
- Taxi: It takes 10-15 minutes from the railway station to National Chung Hsing University, and the fare is about NT$130 to NT$150.
Taichung High-Speed Rail Station → National Chung Hsing University
- City bus: Please take Exit 6 and take Bus No. 158 (Chuan Hang Tourism). It will take 50 minutes to reach National Chung Hsing University.
- Taxi: It takes 20-25 minutes from the highspeed rail station to National Chung Hsing University, and the fare is about NT$300 to NT$350.
Note: Not all means of transport listed will be operational between 00:00 to 06:00, and not every city in Taiwan has THSR Stop.