Institut Agro Montpellier- Junior Research Lab For Agricultural Transitions Programme
The Junior Research Lab at L'Institut Agro Montpellier reinforces your scientific background, trans you through collaborative research activities within a group of French and Interantional students, to develop your critical thinking, your scientific rigor, creativity and taste for innovation and research.
You will choose among a variety of themes and co-design your own project with the support of senior researchers. By managing your project from end to end, you will develop multiple skills strengthening both your self-learning skills and your ability to collaborate with others. You will experience disciplinary contect ghrough research-based learing based on real life scenarios. it will be a different experience from a traditional internships, since you are empowered in your choices and your responsibility as well.
Details at a Glance
- Learning through a collaborative research project conducted by groups of students for 200 hours over the semester from September to December. The students define these projects within a conceptual and logistic framework proposed by a team of tutors. Students determine the project and the scientific questions, acquire the data, analyze IT, write a scientific article, and defend their project individually. 12 ECTS
- Active learning sessions organized throughout the duration of the project allow them to acquire the skills necessary for the scientific approach. 2 ECTS
- 3 disciplinary modules to choose from among 9 in problem-based learning allow them to deepen their knowledge of a given disciplinary field (2 ECTS per module)
- A module dedicated to the latest research developments in the field of environmental assessment is optionally available in January (4 ECTS)
- The level of the course is pivotal between advanced undergraduate and the start of graduate courses. Solid foundations in biology, mathematics, physics, chemistry as well as being able to correctly communicate in English are required and will be evaluated before enrolment. Although it is not mandatory, having a laptop is useful so the student can work with as much flexibility as possible as the projects require using multiple workspaces in the campus.
- Academic Trancsripts+Accumulated Ranking Certificate（English Version）
- Certificate of Language Proficency within 2 years（B2 Level, English or French）
- Cover letter explaining the interest for the Junior Research Lab and, if possible, the discipline/theme of interest for the JRL research project
- Programme Information：https://en.institut-agro-montpellier.fr/programs/academic-exchange-programme/junior-research-lab-agricultural-transitions
- Accommodation and meals: https://en.institut-agro-montpellier.fr/student-life/living/accommodation/montpellier-gaillarde-campus
- As an international student, you have the possibility to apply for a living allowance (600 euros per month) for 4 months while following this program.